Who should take Keppra?

Keppra is intended for people with seizure disorders that cause myoclonic, partial or tonic-clonic seizures. Keppra is the brand name for the generic medication levetiracetam. Adults and children older than four years of age may take Keppra to help treat partial onset seizures. Adolescents 12 years of age and older may take Keppra to treat their myoclonic seizures. Adults and children six years of age and older may take Keppra to treat their primary generalized tonic-clonic seizures.

Continue Learning about Anticonvulsant

What is gabapentin?
Gabapentin (Gralise, Horizant, Neurontin) is a drug that was developed to treat epilepsy. It is also...
What should I know before taking gabapentin?
Gabapentin may not be a good option for women who are pregnant, considering pregnancy, or who may be...
Is it safe to take anticonvulsants during pregnancy?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
There is a risk of birth defects when taking anticonvulsants during pregnancy (especially the first ...
What should I know before taking an anticonvulsant for migraines?
Your doctor will need to assess your liver function before starting treatment. Serum bicarbonate wil...