How soon after taking Phenytek will my symptoms improve?

Your doctor will start you on a low dose of Phenytek (phenytoin). If necessary, the dose will be gradually increased every week to 10 days until an effective dose that helps control your seizures is reached. It may take a number of weeks to find the dose that is best for you.

Continue Learning about Anticonvulsant

What tests are required before taking anticonvulsants?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
Pretreatment laboratory tests are required for the anticonvulsants Depakote, Tegretol, and Trile...
How does Topamax (topiramate) treat migraines?
Dr. Steven A. Meyers, MDDr. Steven A. Meyers, MD
No medication works for everybody, and it is not unusual to have to try several medications before y...
What are the side effects of gabapentin?
Side effects may include dizziness, nervousness, sleepiness, indigestion, muscle pain, and speech di...
What should I know before taking an anticonvulsant for migraines?
Dr. David C. Fiore, MDDr. David C. Fiore, MD
Before starting an anticonvulsant for migraines, it is important to discuss the pros and cons with y...