When can I stop taking Potiga?

You can stop taking Potiga when your doctor says that it is safe and recommended for you to do so. Do not stop taking Potiga without talking to your doctor first. Stopping Potiga abruptly may cause an increase in your seizures.

Your doctor may need to wean you off the drug slowly, over a few weeks. To minimize your risk of side effects and maximize the benefits you get from Potiga, be sure to take the medication exactly as your doctor tells you.

Continue Learning about Anticonvulsant

What are side effects of using anticonvulsants for bipolar?
Anticonvulsants, like most medications carry a variety of side effects including gastrointestinal an...
How is gabapentin used to treat hot flashes?
Gabapentin (Neurontin, Gralise) was developed to treat seizures. It has also been used to help to re...
What should I know before taking gabapentin?
Gabapentin may not be a good option for women who are pregnant, considering pregnancy, or who may be...
Does anticonvulsant use in bipolar teens have risks?
International Bipolar FoundationInternational Bipolar Foundation
Valproic acid and lamotrigine (Lamictal) and other anticonvulsants carry a Food and Drug Adminis...