When can I stop taking Potiga?

You can stop taking Potiga when your doctor says that it is safe and recommended for you to do so. Do not stop taking Potiga without talking to your doctor first. Stopping Potiga abruptly may cause an increase in your seizures.

Your doctor may need to wean you off the drug slowly, over a few weeks. To minimize your risk of side effects and maximize the benefits you get from Potiga, be sure to take the medication exactly as your doctor tells you.

Continue Learning about Anticonvulsant

What are the side effects of valproic acid in people with dementia?
Sarah N. Mourra, MDSarah N. Mourra, MD
The side effects or adverse effects from valproic acid (Depakote) in people with dementia involve ra...
What are side effects of anticonvulsants?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
Here are side effects of anticonvulsants:Common side effects: Each anticonvulsant has specific side ...
What anticonvulsants can help prevent migraine?
Anticonvulsants are drugs used to treat seizures. Some of these are also effective for preventing mi...
What should I know before taking gabapentin?
Gabapentin may not be a good option for women who are pregnant, considering pregnancy, or who may be...