When should I call my doctor if I am taking Potiga?

If you are taking Potiga (ezogabine), a medication to treat seizures in people who have epilepsy, you should call your doctor for the following reasons:
  • You are experiencing trouble urinating or changes in mental health such as suicidal thoughts or behavior, aggressive or hostile behavior, depression, anxiety, panic, irritability, an increase in activity or talking (signs of mania), or feeling restless or agitated.
  • You are bothered by these common side effects, and they are not going away: dizziness, trouble sleeping, blurred or double vision, confusion or weakness.
  • You notice that the skin around your nails or lips, or on your face and legs, has changed color.
  • You missed one of your doses and aren't sure what to do.
  • You are considering starting a new medication or supplement. Potiga interacts with some substances, making side effects more likely or possibly altering the effectiveness of medications. Always check with your doctor before taking new medicine or supplements when you are taking Potiga.
  • Another doctor has just diagnosed you with a medical problem, especially a heart, liver or kidney problem or, in men, a prostate problem.
  • You just found out you are pregnant. There are not enough studies on the effects of Potiga in pregnant women to confirm that it is safe.
  • You are considering stopping Potiga. Do not stop taking Potiga without talking to your doctor first.

Continue Learning about Anticonvulsant

What medications interact with anticonvulsants?
Dr. John Preston, PsyDDr. John Preston, PsyD
Anticonvulsants can interact adversely with the following medications. Interactions vary depending o...
How does Topamax (topiramate) treat migraines?
Dr. Steven A. Meyers, MDDr. Steven A. Meyers, MD
No medication works for everybody, and it is not unusual to have to try several medications before y...
What should I know before taking an anticonvulsant for migraines?
Dr. David C. Fiore, MDDr. David C. Fiore, MD
Before starting an anticonvulsant for migraines, it is important to discuss the pros and cons with y...
How effective are anticonvulsants for treating migraines?
Valproic acid and topiramate have been considered the top choices among anticonvulsants for reducing...