When should I call my doctor if I am taking Potiga?

If you are taking Potiga (ezogabine), a medication to treat seizures in people who have epilepsy, you should call your doctor for the following reasons:
  • You are experiencing trouble urinating or changes in mental health such as suicidal thoughts or behavior, aggressive or hostile behavior, depression, anxiety, panic, irritability, an increase in activity or talking (signs of mania), or feeling restless or agitated.
  • You are bothered by these common side effects, and they are not going away: dizziness, trouble sleeping, blurred or double vision, confusion or weakness.
  • You notice that the skin around your nails or lips, or on your face and legs, has changed color.
  • You missed one of your doses and aren't sure what to do.
  • You are considering starting a new medication or supplement. Potiga interacts with some substances, making side effects more likely or possibly altering the effectiveness of medications. Always check with your doctor before taking new medicine or supplements when you are taking Potiga.
  • Another doctor has just diagnosed you with a medical problem, especially a heart, liver or kidney problem or, in men, a prostate problem.
  • You just found out you are pregnant. There are not enough studies on the effects of Potiga in pregnant women to confirm that it is safe.
  • You are considering stopping Potiga. Do not stop taking Potiga without talking to your doctor first.

Continue Learning about Anticonvulsant

What anticonvulsants can help prevent migraine?
Anticonvulsants are drugs used to treat seizures. Some of these are also effective for preventing mi...
What are side effects of using anticonvulsants for bipolar?
Mark Moronell, MDMark Moronell, MD
The main side effects with anti-convulsants such as Depakote and Lamictal that are prescribed for bi...
How is gabapentin used to treat hot flashes?
Gabapentin (Neurontin, Gralise) was developed to treat seizures. It has also been used to help to re...
What is gabapentin?
Gabapentin (Gralise, Horizant, Neurontin) is a drug that was developed to treat epilepsy. It is also...