How soon after taking phenobarbital will my symptoms improve?

The rate of action can depend upon the form in which the medication is taken; intravenously or orally by tablet or elixir. Effectiveness also depends on what you are taking the medication for. When taking phenobarbital for sleeplessness, an improvement of symptoms can be felt in as little as an hour. If you're taking phenobarbital for anxiety, you may also begin to see improvements in symptoms quickly. If you're taking phenobarbital for seizures, it may take several weeks before you begin to see an improvement in control of seizures.

Continue Learning about Anticonvulsant

Can I take Neurontin with other medicines?
MDLIVEMDLIVE
Yes, but check with your doctor or pharmacist on possible interactions. Generally, neurontin won't s...
What tests are required before taking anticonvulsants?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
Pretreatment laboratory tests are required for the anticonvulsants Depakote, Tegretol, and Trile...
How effective are anticonvulsants for treating migraines?
Valproic acid and topiramate have been considered the top choices among anticonvulsants for reducing...
What anticonvulsants can help prevent migraine?
Anticonvulsants are drugs used to treat seizures. Some of these are also effective for preventing mi...