What should I do if I overdose on Dilantin?

If you take too much Dilantin, you may begin to feel confused, lethargic, or sleepy. You may have trouble controlling your muscle movements, begin to stagger, and have slow or slurred speech. Other symptoms can include: fever, twitching or involuntary movement of the eyeballs, swollen gums, and vomiting. If you suspect that you have taken an overdose of Dilantin, do not attempt to vomit. Call 911 or your local poison control center at 1-800-222-1222.

Continue Learning about Anticonvulsant

What anticonvulsants can help prevent migraine?
Anticonvulsants are drugs used to treat seizures. Some of these are also effective for preventing mi...
What is gabapentin?
Gabapentin (Gralise, Horizant, Neurontin) is a drug that was developed to treat epilepsy. It is also...
Does anticonvulsant use in bipolar teens have risks?
International Bipolar FoundationInternational Bipolar Foundation
Valproic acid and lamotrigine (Lamictal) and other anticonvulsants carry a Food and Drug Adminis...
How effective are anticonvulsants for treating migraines?
Valproic acid and topiramate have been considered the top choices among anticonvulsants for reducing...