What should I avoid while taking divalproex sodium ER?

Until you know how you will react to divalproex sodium ER, you should not drive, use machinery, or perform activities that require mental acuity. Do not sit or stand up quickly as this could cause dizziness or fainting. Also, avoid alcohol and smoking while taking this medication. Your risk for infection could increase, so you should take extra care of your teeth and any cuts or bruises you may have. You may have an increased sensitivity to sunlight while taking this medication, so try to avoid sun exposure and tanning beds or lamps.

Continue Learning about Anticonvulsant

What is gabapentin?
Gabapentin (Gralise, Horizant, Neurontin) is a drug that was developed to treat epilepsy. It is also...
What should I know before taking an anticonvulsant for migraines?
David C. Fiore, MDDavid C. Fiore, MD
Before starting an anticonvulsant for migraines, it is important to discuss the pros and cons with y...
Does anticonvulsant use in bipolar teens have risks?
International Bipolar FoundationInternational Bipolar Foundation
Valproic acid and lamotrigine (Lamictal) and other anticonvulsants carry a Food and Drug Adminis...
What anticonvulsants can help prevent migraine?
Anticonvulsants are drugs used to treat seizures. Some of these are also effective for preventing mi...