What should I do if I miss a dose of Potiga?

If you miss a dose of Potiga (ezogabine), call your doctor and discuss the best action for you to take. Potiga is a prescription medicine that, when taken with other medicines, treats partial (or "focal") seizures in people who have epilepsy. Most people start with a dose of 100 milligrams (mg) three times a day. Your doctor may increase your dosage at weekly intervals, possibly by adding 50 mg to each of your three doses to gradually build up to 200 to 400 mg three times a day, depending on how you respond to the drug.

Don't stop taking Potiga without talking to your doctor first. Stopping Potiga abruptly may cause an increase in your seizures. Do not take more or less Potiga than your doctor prescribes for you.

Continue Learning about Anticonvulsant

What are side effects of using anticonvulsants for bipolar?
Anticonvulsants, like most medications carry a variety of side effects including gastrointestinal an...
What is gabapentin?
Gabapentin (Gralise, Horizant, Neurontin) is a drug that was developed to treat epilepsy. It is also...
What medications interact with anticonvulsants?
Dr. John Preston, PsyDDr. John Preston, PsyD
Anticonvulsants can interact adversely with the following medications. Interactions vary depending o...
What are the side effects of gabapentin?
Side effects may include dizziness, nervousness, sleepiness, indigestion, muscle pain, and speech di...