What is rufinamide?

Rufinamide is used to treat and control seizures in people who have Lennox-Gastaut syndrome, a severe type of epilepsy. It is not completely clear how rufinamide works; however, it may work by slowing down the unusual nerve impulses that occur in the brain.

Continue Learning about Anticonvulsant

What should I know before taking gabapentin?
Gabapentin may not be a good option for women who are pregnant, considering pregnancy, or who may be...
What is gabapentin?
Gabapentin (Gralise, Horizant, Neurontin) is a drug that was developed to treat epilepsy. It is also...
What tests are required before taking anticonvulsants?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
Pretreatment laboratory tests are required for the anticonvulsants Depakote, Tegretol, and Trile...
What should I know before taking an anticonvulsant for migraines?
David C. Fiore, MDDavid C. Fiore, MD
Before starting an anticonvulsant for migraines, it is important to discuss the pros and cons with y...