What is Cerebyx?

Cerebyx is a prescription anticonvulsant medication that treats epilepsy. It also prevents seizures resulting from brain surgery. It works in the brain tissue to block the spread of seizure activity. It is available as a solution that is administered as an injection. It is also found under the generic name fosphenytoin.

Continue Learning about Anticonvulsant

How effective are anticonvulsants for treating migraines?
Valproic acid and topiramate have been considered the top choices among anticonvulsants for reducing...
What anticonvulsants can help prevent migraine?
Anticonvulsants are drugs used to treat seizures. Some of these are also effective for preventing mi...
What should I know before taking an anticonvulsant for migraines?
Dr. David C. Fiore, MDDr. David C. Fiore, MD
Before starting an anticonvulsant for migraines, it is important to discuss the pros and cons with y...
What should I know before taking gabapentin?
Gabapentin may not be a good option for women who are pregnant, considering pregnancy, or who may be...