What happens if I miss a dose of Phenytek?

Phenytek (phenytoin) is usually taken only once a day. It is very important to take Phenytek regularly at about the same time every day. If you forget your dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it's almost time for your next capsule, however, simply skip the missed dose and take your regular dose on schedule. Don't take a double dose to make up for the one you missed.

Continue Learning about Anticonvulsant

What should I know before taking an anticonvulsant for migraines?
Dr. David C. Fiore, MDDr. David C. Fiore, MD
Before starting an anticonvulsant for migraines, it is important to discuss the pros and cons with y...
What are side effects of anticonvulsants?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
Here are side effects of anticonvulsants:Common side effects: Each anticonvulsant has specific side ...
What tests are required before taking anticonvulsants?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
Pretreatment laboratory tests are required for the anticonvulsants Depakote, Tegretol, and Trile...
Should blood levels of anticonvulsants be monitored?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
Blood levels of anticonvulsants Depakote and Tegretol must be periodically monitored (especially...