What happens if I miss a dose of Phenytek?

Phenytek (phenytoin) is usually taken only once a day. It is very important to take Phenytek regularly at about the same time every day. If you forget your dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it's almost time for your next capsule, however, simply skip the missed dose and take your regular dose on schedule. Don't take a double dose to make up for the one you missed.

Continue Learning about Anticonvulsant

Should blood levels of anticonvulsants be monitored?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
Blood levels of anticonvulsants Depakote and Tegretol must be periodically monitored (especially...
What are the side effects of valproic acid in people with dementia?
Sarah N. Mourra, MDSarah N. Mourra, MD
The side effects or adverse effects from valproic acid (Depakote) in people with dementia involve ra...
What are side effects of using anticonvulsants for bipolar?
Mark Moronell, MDMark Moronell, MD
The main side effects with anti-convulsants such as Depakote and Lamictal that are prescribed for bi...
What should I know before taking gabapentin?
Gabapentin may not be a good option for women who are pregnant, considering pregnancy, or who may be...