What happens if I miss a dose of Phenytek?

Phenytek (phenytoin) is usually taken only once a day. It is very important to take Phenytek regularly at about the same time every day. If you forget your dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it's almost time for your next capsule, however, simply skip the missed dose and take your regular dose on schedule. Don't take a double dose to make up for the one you missed.

Continue Learning about Anticonvulsant

What should I know before taking an anticonvulsant for migraines?
Your doctor will need to assess your liver function before starting treatment. Serum bicarbonate wil...
What should I know before taking gabapentin?
Gabapentin may not be a good option for women who are pregnant, considering pregnancy, or who may be...
What is gabapentin?
Gabapentin (Gralise, Horizant, Neurontin) is a drug that was developed to treat epilepsy. It is also...
What are the side effects of valproic acid in people with dementia?
Sarah N. Mourra, MDSarah N. Mourra, MD
The side effects or adverse effects from valproic acid (Depakote) in people with dementia involve ra...