What happens if I miss a dose of Depakote ER?

If you miss a dose of Depakote ER, you should take a tablet immediately. The medication works most effectively if the levels in your body are consistent. If it is near the regular time for your next dose, do not double the dosage but simply resume taking the pill as usual. It is recommended that you take Depakote ER at the same time each day in order to avoid missing a dose.

Continue Learning about Anticonvulsant

How is gabapentin used to treat hot flashes?
Gabapentin (Neurontin, Gralise) was developed to treat seizures. It has also been used to help to re...
What are side effects of using anticonvulsants for bipolar?
Anticonvulsants, like most medications carry a variety of side effects including gastrointestinal an...
What should I know before taking an anticonvulsant for migraines?
Dr. David C. Fiore, MDDr. David C. Fiore, MD
Before starting an anticonvulsant for migraines, it is important to discuss the pros and cons with y...
What medications interact with anticonvulsants?
Dr. John Preston, PsyDDr. John Preston, PsyD
Anticonvulsants can interact adversely with the following medications. Interactions vary depending o...