What is belladonna alkaloids and phenobarbital combination?

The combination of belladonna alkaloids and phenobarbital is used to treat severe stomach/intestinal cramps and spasms. It is most often prescribed to treat irritable bowel syndrome, spastic colon, and similar intestinal disorders. It is also effective in reducing secretion of stomach acid and motion of the stomach and intestines. The combination of belladonna alkaloids and phenobarbital is prescribed under a variety of brand names including Barbidonna, Donnatal, Donnatal Extentabs, Haponal, Hyonatol, and Hyosophen.

Continue Learning about Anticonvulsant

What are the side effects of gabapentin?
Side effects may include dizziness, nervousness, sleepiness, indigestion, muscle pain, and speech di...
What should I know before taking an anticonvulsant for migraines?
David C. Fiore, MDDavid C. Fiore, MD
Before starting an anticonvulsant for migraines, it is important to discuss the pros and cons with y...
Your doctor will need to assess your liver function before starting treatment. Serum bicarbonate wil...
How is gabapentin used to treat hot flashes?
Gabapentin (Neurontin, Gralise) was developed to treat seizures. It has also been used to help to re...