Is there a generic version of Celontin?

There is no generic version of Celontin. The active drug in Celontin is methsuximide, but this is not a generic version of the drug. There are many other anticonvulsant drugs, but Celontin, made by Pfizer, is the only available version of methsuximide medication.

Continue Learning about Anticonvulsant

What should I know before taking an anticonvulsant for migraines?
Dr. David C. Fiore, MDDr. David C. Fiore, MD
Before starting an anticonvulsant for migraines, it is important to discuss the pros and cons with y...
Can I take Neurontin with other medicines?
MDLIVEMDLIVE
Yes, but check with your doctor or pharmacist on possible interactions. Generally, neurontin won't s...
What are the side effects of gabapentin?
Side effects may include dizziness, nervousness, sleepiness, indigestion, muscle pain, and speech di...
What is gabapentin?
Gabapentin (Gralise, Horizant, Neurontin) is a drug that was developed to treat epilepsy. It is also...