How soon after taking Dilantin will my symptoms improve?

You should notice a decrease in the frequency of seizures within months of starting Dilantin. In the first few months, the doctor will be monitoring your response to and your blood levels of Dilantin in order to adjust your dosage. The ideal dose is the lowest that reduces the seizure activity and gives the fewest side effects.

Continue Learning about Anticonvulsant

Can I take Neurontin with other medicines?
MDLIVEMDLIVE
Yes, but check with your doctor or pharmacist on possible interactions. Generally, neurontin won't s...
Should blood levels of anticonvulsants be monitored?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
Blood levels of anticonvulsants Depakote and Tegretol must be periodically monitored (especially...
What tests are required before taking anticonvulsants?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
Pretreatment laboratory tests are required for the anticonvulsants Depakote, Tegretol, and Trile...
What are the side effects of gabapentin?
Side effects may include dizziness, nervousness, sleepiness, indigestion, muscle pain, and speech di...