How soon after taking Dilantin will my symptoms improve?

You should notice a decrease in the frequency of seizures within months of starting Dilantin. In the first few months, the doctor will be monitoring your response to and your blood levels of Dilantin in order to adjust your dosage. The ideal dose is the lowest that reduces the seizure activity and gives the fewest side effects.

Continue Learning about Anticonvulsant

What are side effects of using anticonvulsants for bipolar?
Anticonvulsants, like most medications carry a variety of side effects including gastrointestinal an...
Is it safe to take anticonvulsants during pregnancy?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
There is a risk of birth defects when taking anticonvulsants during pregnancy (especially the first ...
What should I know before taking gabapentin?
Gabapentin may not be a good option for women who are pregnant, considering pregnancy, or who may be...
Can I take Neurontin with other medicines?
MDLIVEMDLIVE
Yes, but check with your doctor or pharmacist on possible interactions. Generally, neurontin won't s...