Can I stop taking phenytoin if I feel better?

You should not stop taking phenytoin even if you feel better. Continue taking it until you talk to your doctor and he or she decides when and how you can stop taking the drug. If you stop suddenly, your seizures can get worse. Instead, your doctor will likely reduce your dose until you no longer need the medication.

Continue Learning about Anticonvulsant

Can I take Neurontin with other medicines?
MDLIVEMDLIVE
Yes, but check with your doctor or pharmacist on possible interactions. Generally, neurontin won't s...
How is gabapentin used to treat hot flashes?
Gabapentin (Neurontin, Gralise) was developed to treat seizures. It has also been used to help to re...
Is it safe to take anticonvulsants during pregnancy?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
There is a risk of birth defects when taking anticonvulsants during pregnancy (especially the first ...
What tests are required before taking anticonvulsants?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
Pretreatment laboratory tests are required for the anticonvulsants Depakote, Tegretol, and Trile...