What should I know about Phenytek before taking it?

If you take Phenytek (phenytoin), you will need to see your doctor regularly to make sure the drug is working correctly and to adjust your dose if needed. Phenytek may cause harm to fetuses. Discuss birth control with your doctor before starting to take this drug. If you become pregnant while taking Phenytek, tell your doctor immediately. Phenytek interacts with alcohol. Discuss drinking alcohol with your doctor. Phenytek can raise your blood sugar. If you have diabetes, discuss with your doctor how to manage your blood sugar. Phenytek may also cause you to feel depressed or have suicidal thoughts. Be aware of this possibility and seek help immediately if you notice any such symptoms.

Continue Learning about Anticonvulsant

What is gabapentin?
Gabapentin (Gralise, Horizant, Neurontin) is a drug that was developed to treat epilepsy. It is also...
Should blood levels of anticonvulsants be monitored?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
Blood levels of anticonvulsants Depakote and Tegretol must be periodically monitored (especially...
What should I know before taking gabapentin?
Gabapentin may not be a good option for women who are pregnant, considering pregnancy, or who may be...
Is it safe to take anticonvulsants during pregnancy?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
There is a risk of birth defects when taking anticonvulsants during pregnancy (especially the first ...