What should I know about Keppra Injections before receiving one?

Keppra is usually administered during seizures when oral delivery is difficult. An injection of Keppra is likely to be safe if you already receive it orally. If you have been receiving Keppra routinely, it is a good idea to taper the dose in order to avoid withdrawal seizures. Thus, after a period of taking Keppra injections, you will most likely be given an oral version.

Keppra can cause fatigue, behavioral problems, and unexpected mental side effects. Talk to your doctor if you have kidney disease.

Continue Learning about Anticonvulsant

What is gabapentin?
Gabapentin (Gralise, Horizant, Neurontin) is a drug that was developed to treat epilepsy. It is also...
How is gabapentin used to treat hot flashes?
Gabapentin (Neurontin, Gralise) was developed to treat seizures. It has also been used to help to re...
How effective are anticonvulsants for treating migraines?
David C. Fiore, MDDavid C. Fiore, MD
Anticonvulsants are moderately effective for lowering the frequency of migraines in people who suffe...
What should I know before taking gabapentin?
Gabapentin may not be a good option for women who are pregnant, considering pregnancy, or who may be...