How soon after taking Celontin will my symptoms improve?

Your doctor will start you out on a small dose and may gradually increase dosage every few days for several weeks. For most people, it takes a few weeks or months for the correct dosage to be determined, and by then seizures are usually under control. Celontin will only effectively control seizures for as long as it's in the body, so it's important to take it exactly as your doctor prescribes. Talk to your doctor if you seizures persist or worsen while taking Celontin.

Continue Learning about Anticonvulsant

How effective are anticonvulsants for treating migraines?
David C. Fiore, MDDavid C. Fiore, MD
Anticonvulsants are moderately effective for lowering the frequency of migraines in people who suffe...
What should I know before taking an anticonvulsant for migraines?
David C. Fiore, MDDavid C. Fiore, MD
Before starting an anticonvulsant for migraines, it is important to discuss the pros and cons with y...
What are side effects of using anticonvulsants for bipolar?
Mark Moronell, MDMark Moronell, MD
The main side effects with anti-convulsants such as Depakote and Lamictal that are prescribed for bi...
Should blood levels of anticonvulsants be monitored?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
Blood levels of anticonvulsants Depakote and Tegretol must be periodically monitored (especially...