How soon after starting Potiga will my symptoms improve?

Studies show that Potiga reduces the frequency of seizures in people with epilepsy when taken at a dose of at least 600 milligrams (mg) per day. You typically need to build up to taking this amount over three weeks or more, so it may be three weeks or longer before you notice improvements in your symptoms.

The recommended starting dose of Potiga is 100 mg three times a day, or 300 mg total per day. As your doctor sees how you respond to the drug, your dose may be increased gradually each week (often by adding as much as 50 mg more per dose), for a total of 450 mg per day the second week and 600 mg per day by the third week. You may or may not need to increase your dose further after that point. Talk to your doctor about what you can expect from taking Potiga and the best dosing schedule for you.

Continue Learning about Anticonvulsant

Is it safe to take anticonvulsants during pregnancy?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
There is a risk of birth defects when taking anticonvulsants during pregnancy (especially the first ...
Can I take Neurontin with other medicines?
MDLIVEMDLIVE
Yes, but check with your doctor or pharmacist on possible interactions. Generally, neurontin won't s...
What should I know before taking gabapentin?
Gabapentin may not be a good option for women who are pregnant, considering pregnancy, or who may be...
How effective are anticonvulsants for treating migraines?
Valproic acid and topiramate have been considered the top choices among anticonvulsants for reducing...