How should I take Keppra?

You should take Keppra exactly as directed by your doctor. Typically, this will be one or two times a day. If you take Keppra tablets, they should be swallowed whole and not chewed or crushed. If you are taking the oral solution, be sure to use a medicine dropper or spoon to measure your dose. A household spoon may not be an accurate way to measure the amount of medicine you are supposed to take. Keppra may be taken with or without food. A new oral, extended release tablet formulation is now available and is taken only once a day.

Continue Learning about Anticonvulsant

What should I know before taking an anticonvulsant for migraines?
David C. Fiore, MDDavid C. Fiore, MD
Before starting an anticonvulsant for migraines, it is important to discuss the pros and cons with y...
Should blood levels of anticonvulsants be monitored?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
Blood levels of anticonvulsants Depakote and Tegretol must be periodically monitored (especially...
Is it safe to take anticonvulsants during pregnancy?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
There is a risk of birth defects when taking anticonvulsants during pregnancy (especially the first ...
What are side effects of anticonvulsants?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
Here are side effects of anticonvulsants:Common side effects: Each anticonvulsant has specific side ...