How should I take divalproex sodium ER?

Divalproex sodium ER is an extended-release medicine and should be taken once a day. The medication can be taken with or without food. Since this medication is extended-release, you should not crush it, break it, or chew it. Divalproex sodium ER should be taken at the same time everyday. You should not stop taking divalproex sodium ER until you speak with your doctor. It should be kept out of the reach of children and stored at room temperature.

Continue Learning about Anticonvulsant

What is gabapentin?
Gabapentin (Gralise, Horizant, Neurontin) is a drug that was developed to treat epilepsy. It is also...
Does anticonvulsant use in bipolar teens have risks?
International Bipolar FoundationInternational Bipolar Foundation
Valproic acid and lamotrigine (Lamictal) and other anticonvulsants carry a Food and Drug Adminis...
What should I know before taking gabapentin?
Gabapentin may not be a good option for women who are pregnant, considering pregnancy, or who may be...
How is gabapentin used to treat hot flashes?
Gabapentin (Neurontin, Gralise) was developed to treat seizures. It has also been used to help to re...