How should I take primidone?

You should take primidone exactly as directed by your doctor. Your doctor will typically recommend an initial dose of 100 or 125 mg once a day at bedtime. This dose may be increased under your doctor's supervision, but typically it does not exceed 2,000 mg per day. It is important to take primidone at the same time every day in order for it to effectively prevent seizures. You may take the medication with or without food. If you miss a dose, take the missed dose as soon as you can. If you are within one hour of taking your next dose, skip the missed dose. Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed one. Do not abruptly discontinue use; doing so may increase your risk of serious side effects, including seizures.

Continue Learning about Anticonvulsant

What is gabapentin?
Gabapentin (Gralise, Horizant, Neurontin) is a drug that was developed to treat epilepsy. It is also...
What are side effects of anticonvulsants?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
Here are side effects of anticonvulsants:Common side effects: Each anticonvulsant has specific side ...
What should I know before taking gabapentin?
Gabapentin may not be a good option for women who are pregnant, considering pregnancy, or who may be...
Is it safe to take anticonvulsants during pregnancy?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
There is a risk of birth defects when taking anticonvulsants during pregnancy (especially the first ...