How should I take phenytoin?

Phenytoin can be taken in an oral liquid solution, an extended-release capsule, or in a chewable tablet form. If you take it in an extended-release capsule form, you may be required to take the capsule one to four times a day at the same time every day. The tablet form may be taken one to three times daily. However, your doctor will prescribe the dosage that is appropriate for you to take. Be sure to never take more than your prescribed dosage.

Continue Learning about Anticonvulsant

Can I take Neurontin with other medicines?
MDLIVEMDLIVE
Yes, but check with your doctor or pharmacist on possible interactions. Generally, neurontin won't s...
What tests are required before taking anticonvulsants?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
Pretreatment laboratory tests are required for the anticonvulsants Depakote, Tegretol, and Trile...
What is gabapentin?
Gabapentin (Gralise, Horizant, Neurontin) is a drug that was developed to treat epilepsy. It is also...
What should I know before taking an anticonvulsant for migraines?
Dr. David C. Fiore, MDDr. David C. Fiore, MD
Before starting an anticonvulsant for migraines, it is important to discuss the pros and cons with y...