How should I take phenytoin?

Phenytoin can be taken in an oral liquid solution, an extended-release capsule, or in a chewable tablet form. If you take it in an extended-release capsule form, you may be required to take the capsule one to four times a day at the same time every day. The tablet form may be taken one to three times daily. However, your doctor will prescribe the dosage that is appropriate for you to take. Be sure to never take more than your prescribed dosage.

Continue Learning about Anticonvulsant

Is it safe to take anticonvulsants during pregnancy?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
There is a risk of birth defects when taking anticonvulsants during pregnancy (especially the first ...
Can I take Neurontin with other medicines?
MDLIVEMDLIVE
Yes, but check with your doctor or pharmacist on possible interactions. Generally, neurontin won't s...
What tests are required before taking anticonvulsants?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
Pretreatment laboratory tests are required for the anticonvulsants Depakote, Tegretol, and Trile...
What are side effects of anticonvulsants?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
Here are side effects of anticonvulsants:Common side effects: Each anticonvulsant has specific side ...