How should I take Celontin?

Celontin comes in the form of a capsule taken orally. You may take it with or without food, but if it upsets your stomach, it's a good idea to take it with food or milk. Dosage may be adjusted as your doctor determines how your body responds to Celontin, but don't change your dosage of this or any other medications without first talking to your doctor. Celontin works best when there's a constant level of medication in the body, so your doctor will probably recommend taking it at even intervals throughout the day or at the same time every day. If you develop any new or unusual symptoms while taking Celontin, talk to your doctor right away.

Continue Learning about Anticonvulsant

What should I know before taking an anticonvulsant for migraines?
David C. Fiore, MDDavid C. Fiore, MD
Before starting an anticonvulsant for migraines, it is important to discuss the pros and cons with y...
How does Topamax (topiramate) treat migraines?
Dr. Steven A. Meyers, MDDr. Steven A. Meyers, MD
No medication works for everybody, and it is not unusual to have to try several medications before y...
What anticonvulsants can help prevent migraine?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
Anticonvulsants are drugs used to treat seizures. Some of these are also effective for preventing mi...
Should blood levels of anticonvulsants be monitored?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
Blood levels of anticonvulsants Depakote and Tegretol must be periodically monitored (especially...