How does primidone work?

Primidone is an anti-seizure medicine that makes it harder for neurons (the nerve cells in the brain) to respond to electrical signal. Primidone is classified as a barbiturate; medicines in this class depress activity in many parts of the brain and make seizures less likely to happen.

Continue Learning about Anticonvulsant

What should I know before taking an anticonvulsant for migraines?
David C. Fiore, MDDavid C. Fiore, MD
Before starting an anticonvulsant for migraines, it is important to discuss the pros and cons with y...
What should I know before taking gabapentin?
Gabapentin may not be a good option for women who are pregnant, considering pregnancy, or who may be...
What medications interact with anticonvulsants?
If you are taking an anticholinergic drug, metformin, primidone, rufinamide, a selective serotonin r...
What is gabapentin?
Gabapentin (Gralise, Horizant, Neurontin) is a drug that was developed to treat epilepsy. It is also...