Can I exercise while taking Topamax?

Topamax (also known as topiramate) can keep you from sweating normally. Sweating is the body’s way of cooling down. If you exercise while taking Topamax, it’s important that you drink lots of fluids and avoid overheating. You should not exercise outdoors on a hot day. Call your doctor right away if you get overheated and have any of these symptoms of heat stroke: an upset stomach, fever, headache or muscle cramps.

Continue Learning about Anticonvulsant

What medications interact with anticonvulsants?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
If you are taking an anticholinergic drug, metformin, primidone, rufinamide, a selective serotonin r...
What should I know before taking an anticonvulsant for migraines?
David C. Fiore, MDDavid C. Fiore, MD
Before starting an anticonvulsant for migraines, it is important to discuss the pros and cons with y...
What is gabapentin?
Gabapentin (Gralise, Horizant, Neurontin) is a drug that was developed to treat epilepsy. It is also...