It's not a good idea to drink alcohol while taking Depakote. Depakote produces changes in brain chemistry that make seizures less likely to happen by slowing down brain activity. That can make you drowsy and may also make your thinking a bit fuzzy. Alcohol can amplify those side effects.
- Q Can I take divalproex (Depakote) if I'm pregnant or breast-feeding?
- Q What should I know about Depakote before taking it?
- Q How should I take Depakote?
- Q Will Depakote make me gain weight?
- Q Do I feel sleepy because of Depakote?
- Q Who should take Depakote?