It's not a good idea to drink alcohol while taking Depakote. Depakote produces changes in brain chemistry that make seizures less likely to happen by slowing down brain activity. That can make you drowsy and may also make your thinking a bit fuzzy. Alcohol can amplify those side effects.
- Q What should I avoid when taking Depakote?
- Q Can hair fall be a side effect of depakote?
- Q Can depakote cause hand tremors?
- Q Is weight gain a side effect of Depakote medication?
- Q How does Depakote (divalproex) work?
- Q Is there a generic version of Depakote?