Can I drink alcohol while taking Depakene?

Do not drink alcohol while taking Depakene. Depakene acts on the brain to control seizures, producing changes in brain chemistry that slow down brain activity. That can make you drowsy and make your thinking fuzzy. Alcohol can compound those side effects.

Continue Learning about Anticonvulsant

How is gabapentin used to treat hot flashes?
Gabapentin (Neurontin, Gralise) was developed to treat seizures. It has also been used to help to re...
Is it safe to take anticonvulsants during pregnancy?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
There is a risk of birth defects when taking anticonvulsants during pregnancy (especially the first ...
What should I know before taking an anticonvulsant for migraines?
Dr. David C. Fiore, MDDr. David C. Fiore, MD
Before starting an anticonvulsant for migraines, it is important to discuss the pros and cons with y...
What anticonvulsants can help prevent migraine?
Anticonvulsants are drugs used to treat seizures. Some of these are also effective for preventing mi...