High blood pressure is not a common side effect from gabapentin. However, if a patient is abruptly withdrawn from gabapentin and they are using it to control nerve pain, the pain can abruptly return. Severe pain in and of itself can drive up blood pressure.
- Q What side effects does Gabapentin (Neurontin) cause?
- Q What should I avoid while taking gabapentin?
- Q How should I take gabapentin?
- Q Can gabapentin affect mental health?
- Q Is ear pain a side effect of gabapentin?
- Q Are there any risks in taking gabapentin?