High blood pressure is not a common side effect from gabapentin. However, if a patient is abruptly withdrawn from gabapentin and they are using it to control nerve pain, the pain can abruptly return. Severe pain in and of itself can drive up blood pressure.
- Q How should I take gabapentin?
- Q Should pregnant women take gabapentin?
- Q Does gabapentin (Neurontin) cause weight gain?
- Q What should I avoid while taking gabapentin?
- Q Are there any risks in taking gabapentin?
- Q Can gabapentin help treat bipolar disorder?