Why do some people react differently than others to warfarin?

Recent studies have shown that people's genes may influence how they respond to warfarin. In about one out of every three people who are taking warfarin, the drug acts quite differently than expected. Some of this unexpected response to warfarin is because of these people's genes. Researchers are learning how genetic testing may be used to figure out how to better treat these people with warfarin.

Continue Learning about Anticoagulant

What should I tell my doctor before getting anticoagulant injections?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Before you begin anticoagulant injections, tell your doctor if you:       • have bleeding problem...
What are some safety tips when taking anticoagulants?
When you are taking anticoagulants, you need to be careful about foods and other medications that ma...
Is it safe to stop taking blood thinners for afib before hip surgery?
Dr. Rishi G. Anand, MDDr. Rishi G. Anand, MD
If you suffer from atrial fibrillation (afib) and are taking blood thinners (anticoagulants), you wi...
What does it mean if my mother's PT/INR test result is too high?
If your mother's PT/INR test result is too high, it means that her dose of warfarin is too high,...