Who should take Lovenox?

Lovenox is used to prevent blood clots in the legs of people who can’t walk. These include people who are bedridden due to a severe illness, people who have undergone hip or knee replacement surgery, and people who have undergone stomach surgery. In combination with aspirin, it is used in people to prevent complications from angina and heart attacks. Lovenox is sometimes used, along with warfarin, as a treatment for people who have blood clots in the legs. It may also be used as a treatment for people having certain kinds of acute heart attacks.

Continue Learning about Anticoagulant

What precautions should I follow when taking blood thinners?
Grant Cooper, MDGrant Cooper, MD
If you are taking warfarin (Coumadin), you already should be having a test regularly to make sure th...
What are some examples of commonly prescribed anticoagulant medicines?
SCAISCAI
Some common anticoagulant medications include:•Warfarin (Coumadin) •Heparin•Lovenox•Bivalrudin
What does it mean if my mother's PT/INR test result is too high?
If your mother's PT/INR test result is too high, it means that her dose of warfarin is too high,...
Who should take an anticoagulant?
People who should regularly take an anticoagulant, or blood thinner, include those who have had a DV...