Who should not receive antithrombin III?

Not everyone can receive antithrombin III. If you are taking certain medications, including aspirin and aspirin-like drugs, heparin, warfarin or mifepristone, they may interact with antithrombin III. Talk to your doctor about whether antithrombin III is right for you. Pregnant and breastfeeding women should use caution: Antithrombin III is a Category B drug, meaning that animal studies have not demonstrated a risk to a developing fetus, but there are no controlled studies in pregnant women. Talk to your doctor about the risks to a fetus and to a nursing infant.

Continue Learning about Anticoagulant

What does it mean if my child's PT/INR test result is too low?
If your child's PT/INR test result is too low, it means that her dose of warfarin may not be eno...
What are the guidelines for anticoagulant therapy?
The following is a list of guidelines for anticoagulant therapy: Take the medication exactly as di...
What should I tell my doctor before getting anticoagulant injections?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Before you begin anticoagulant injections, tell your doctor if you:       • have bleeding problem...
What are some safety tips when taking anticoagulants?
When you are taking anticoagulants, you need to be careful about foods and other medications that ma...