When should I take my warfarin?

You should take your warfarin exactly as your doctor has told you to take it.  Your doctor will probably tell you to take it once a day, at about the same time every day. Since blood test results often get reported to the doctor later in the day, the doctor cannot evaluate those results and make dose changes for you until late in the day. Because of this, many patients take warfarin in the early evening so they can change the dose as ordered by the doctor. It doesn't matter if you take it with food or without food. Talk with your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions about how to take this medicine.

Continue Learning about Anticoagulant

How are anticoagulants used?
Anticoagulants are medications that inhibit blood clotting. While they cannot dissolve an existing c...
What are side effects of anticoagulants?
Anticoagulants increase the risk of serious, even fatal, bleeding. Other side effects of warfarin an...
What are the guidelines for anticoagulant therapy?
The following is a list of guidelines for anticoagulant therapy: Take the medication exactly as di...
What does it mean if my mother's PT/INR test result is too high?
If your mother's PT/INR test result is too high, it means that her dose of warfarin is too high,...