When should I call my doctor if I am taking Pradaxa?

Pradaxa is a blood thinner, so call your doctor if you have bleeding problems. This includes unexpected bleeding or bleeding that lasts a long time, such as unusual bleeding from your gums, frequent nosebleeds, or menstrual or vaginal bleeding that is heavier than normal. Call your doctor if you have any kind of bleeding that is severe or difficult to control.

Other reasons to call your doctor include having pink or brown urine, red or black stools that look like tar or bruises that happen without a known cause (or that spread), coughing up blood or vomiting material that looks like coffee grounds. Call your doctor if you have any unexpected pain, swelling or joint pain, get headaches or feel dizzy or weak.

Continue Learning about Anticoagulant

What does it mean if my mother's PT/INR test result is too high?
If your mother's PT/INR test result is too high, it means that her dose of warfarin is too high,...
Is warfarin a safe drug for pregnancy?
No - warfarin crosses the placenta barrier and has an anticoagulant effect in the developing fetus. ...
What are the guidelines for anticoagulant therapy?
The following is a list of guidelines for anticoagulant therapy: Take the medication exactly as di...
How are anticoagulants used?
Anticoagulants are medications that inhibit blood clotting. While they cannot dissolve an existing c...