What should I do if I’m taking warfarin and need to have surgery?

If you're taking warfarin and need to have surgery, be sure to tell the doctor who will be doing the surgery that you are taking warfarin. Tell your doctor (the one who put you on warfarin) about the surgery you have planned. He or she may tell you to stop taking warfarin before the surgery or change your dose of warfarin before the surgery.  

Continue Learning about Anticoagulant

What is Praxbind?
Praxbind (idarucizumab) is a medication used to reverse the effects of another medication, Pradaxa (...
What should I tell my doctor before getting anticoagulant injections?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Before you begin anticoagulant injections, tell your doctor if you:       • have bleeding problem...
How can anticoagulants affect oral surgery?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Reduced blood clotting is a side effect of aspirins and anticoagulants, such as heparin or warfa...
What does it mean if my child's PT/INR test result is too high?
If your child's PT/INR test result is too high, it means that her blood is clotting too slowly a...