What kind of sports are safe to play now that I'm taking warfarin?

When you're taking warfarin, you should look for sports in which you're not likely to fall or get hurt. Walking or swimming are examples of sports that are safe. You are at increased risk for bleeding while you are taking warfarin, so you should avoid contact sports and any other sports (such as skiing, rollerblading and rock climbing) in which there's a great danger you could fall or get hurt. If you ride a bicycle, be sure to wear a helmet. If you do get hurt (especially if you hit your head) call your doctor right away. You will need to be checked for bleeding.

Continue Learning about Anticoagulant

What are the guidelines for anticoagulant therapy?
The following is a list of guidelines for anticoagulant therapy: Take the medication exactly as di...
What is an anticoagulant?
Brigham and Women's HospitalBrigham and Women's Hospital
An anticoagulant (anti means against, and coagulant refers to blood clotting) or "blood thinner"...
How are anticoagulants used?
Anticoagulants are medications that inhibit blood clotting. While they cannot dissolve an existing c...
What does it mean if my mother's PT/INR test result is too high?
If your mother's PT/INR test result is too high, it means that her dose of warfarin is too high,...