What kind of sports are safe to play now that I'm taking warfarin?

When you're taking warfarin, you should look for sports in which you're not likely to fall or get hurt. Walking or swimming are examples of sports that are safe. You are at increased risk for bleeding while you are taking warfarin, so you should avoid contact sports and any other sports (such as skiing, rollerblading and rock climbing) in which there's a great danger you could fall or get hurt. If you ride a bicycle, be sure to wear a helmet. If you do get hurt (especially if you hit your head) call your doctor right away. You will need to be checked for bleeding.

Continue Learning about Anticoagulant

What are the guidelines for anticoagulant therapy?
The following is a list of guidelines for anticoagulant therapy: Take the medication exactly as di...
Why would I need anticoagulant injections?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
You may be prescribed anticoagulant injections:       • if you are at risk for blood clots because...
Why do I have to stop taking my blood thinners before knee surgery?
Dr. Rishi G. Anand, MDDr. Rishi G. Anand, MD
If you suffer from atrial fibrillation (afib) or are taking blood thinners (anticoagulants), you wil...
What drugs may interact with anticoagulants?
The following drugs may interact with anticoagulant drugs, leading to side effects: antiplatelet ...