What kind of sports are safe to play now that I'm taking warfarin?

When you're taking warfarin, you should look for sports in which you're not likely to fall or get hurt. Walking or swimming are examples of sports that are safe. You are at increased risk for bleeding while you are taking warfarin, so you should avoid contact sports and any other sports (such as skiing, rollerblading and rock climbing) in which there's a great danger you could fall or get hurt. If you ride a bicycle, be sure to wear a helmet. If you do get hurt (especially if you hit your head) call your doctor right away. You will need to be checked for bleeding.

Continue Learning about Anticoagulant

What are some safety tips when taking anticoagulants?
If you... Have a prosthetic heart valve - Apixaban and rivaroxaban may not be good options. If yo...
What are anticoagulants?
Anticoagulants, known by brand names including Coumadin, Jantoven and a new drug called Pradaxa, pro...
What does it mean if my child's PT/INR test result is too high?
If your child's PT/INR test result is too high, it means that her blood is clotting too slowly a...
What are some examples of commonly prescribed anticoagulant medicines?
SCAISCAI
Some common anticoagulant medications include:•Warfarin (Coumadin) •Heparin•Lovenox•Bivalrudin