A Answers (1)
The possible side effects of the anticoagulant (blood thinning) drug Xarelto (rivaroxaban) include bleeding problems, which can sometimes be very serious. Signs of a possible bleeding complication are:
- frequent nose bleeds
- bleeding gums
- vaginal bleeding or heavy menstrual bleeding
- red, pink or brown urine
- bright red or black, tarry stool
- vomiting blood or material that looks like coffee grounds
- coughing up blood or blood clots
- pain, swelling, or new drainage from a wound or incision
Let your doctor know if you develop any of these symptoms or have bleeding that's unexpected or lasts for a long time.
This content reflects information from various individuals and organizations and may offer alternative or opposing points of view. It should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. As always, you should consult with your healthcare provider about your specific health needs.