What is Pradaxa?

Pradaxa is a prescription medication that helps prevent strokes and blood clots in people with atrial fibrillation, a heart condition in which part of the heart does not beat normally.

Atrial fibrillation can lead to blood clots, and Pradaxa is a "blood-thinning" medication that helps prevent blood clots from forming. This, in turn, reduces the risk of having a stroke. Pradaxa was approved for this purpose by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2010.

Continue Learning about Anticoagulant

How are anticoagulants used?
Anticoagulants are medications that inhibit blood clotting. While they cannot dissolve an existing c...
What does it mean if my child's PT/INR test result is too high?
If your child's PT/INR test result is too high, it means that her blood is clotting too slowly a...
Why would I need anticoagulant injections?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
You may be prescribed anticoagulant injections:       • if you are at risk for blood clots because...
What are the guidelines for anticoagulant therapy?
The following is a list of guidelines for anticoagulant therapy: Take the medication exactly as di...