What is Pradaxa?

Pradaxa is a prescription medication that helps prevent strokes and blood clots in people with atrial fibrillation, a heart condition in which part of the heart does not beat normally.

Atrial fibrillation can lead to blood clots, and Pradaxa is a "blood-thinning" medication that helps prevent blood clots from forming. This, in turn, reduces the risk of having a stroke. Pradaxa was approved for this purpose by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2010.

Continue Learning about Anticoagulant

What should I tell my doctor before getting anticoagulant injections?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Before you begin anticoagulant injections, tell your doctor if you:       • have bleeding problem...
What are some safety tips when taking anticoagulants?
If you... Have a prosthetic heart valve - Apixaban and rivaroxaban may not be good options. If yo...
What does it mean if my child's PT/INR test result is too low?
If your child's PT/INR test result is too low, it means that her dose of warfarin may not be eno...
How can anticoagulants affect oral surgery?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Reduced blood clotting is a side effect of aspirins and anticoagulants, such as heparin or warfa...