What is enoxaparin injection?

Enoxaparin injection is a generic version of the prescription drug Lovenox. It is used to both prevent and treat blood clots. You may be given an enoxaparin injection to keep you from developing a dangerous blood clot if you are undergoing abdominal, hip or knee surgery. In this case, you will be injected with enoxaparin two hours before surgery. If you already have a blood clot in your lungs or veins, your doctor may use this medication as part of your treatment. Enoxaparin injection is an anticoagulant medication.

Continue Learning about Anticoagulant

What are side effects of anticoagulants?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Normal side effects of anticoagulants can include: Bruising Prolonged bleeding from small cuts ...
Is it safe to stop taking blood thinners for afib before hip surgery?
Dr. Rishi G. Anand, MDDr. Rishi G. Anand, MD
If you suffer from atrial fibrillation (afib) and are taking blood thinners (anticoagulants), you wi...
What precautions should I follow when taking blood thinners?
Grant Cooper, MDGrant Cooper, MD
If you are taking warfarin (Coumadin), you already should be having a test regularly to make sure th...
What does it mean if my child's PT/INR test result is too low?
If your child's PT/INR test result is too low, it means that her dose of warfarin may not be eno...