What is Arixtra?

Arixtra is the brand name for an injectable blood-thinning drug called fondaparinux, that is used to treat or prevent blood clotting. It is used to slow down the formation of blood clots after knee, hip or abdominal surgery. It is also prescribed to reduce blood clotting in the lungs or veins. Generic versions of this drug are available.

Continue Learning about Anticoagulant

What precautions should I follow when taking blood thinners?
Grant Cooper, MDGrant Cooper, MD
If you are taking warfarin (Coumadin), you already should be having a test regularly to make sure th...
Why would I need anticoagulant injections?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
You may be prescribed anticoagulant injections:       • if you are at risk for blood clots because...
What is Praxbind?
Praxbind (idarucizumab) is a medication used to reverse the effects of another medication, Pradaxa (...
What are anticoagulants?
Many people with heart failure are at risk for blood clots in the heart or blood vessels. A blood cl...