What happens if I overdose on argatroban?

Healthcare providers will give you argatroban through an intravenous (IV) line, so the chances of overdose are low. The major problem with overdosing on argatroban is excessive bleeding. Your healthcare provider will be monitoring you closely and treatments will be given to control the bleeding.

Continue Learning about Anticoagulant

What precautions should I follow when taking blood thinners?
Grant Cooper, MDGrant Cooper, MD
If you are taking warfarin (Coumadin), you already should be having a test regularly to make sure th...
What does it mean if my child's PT/INR test result is too low?
If your child's PT/INR test result is too low, it means that her dose of warfarin may not be eno...
What are side effects of anticoagulants?
Anticoagulants increase the risk of serious, even fatal, bleeding. Other side effects of warfarin an...
What are the guidelines for anticoagulant therapy?
The following is a list of guidelines for anticoagulant therapy: Take the medication exactly as di...