What happens if I miss a dose of Arixtra?

If you miss a dose of  Arixtra, you should administer your missed dose as soon as you realize it. However, if it is near the time for your next dosage, skip the one you missed and inject only one prescribed dosage. You should never administer two dosages at a time. Ask your doctor if you have any questions or concerns about what to do.

Continue Learning about Anticoagulant

How are anticoagulants used?
Anticoagulants are medications that inhibit blood clotting. While they cannot dissolve an existing c...
How do blood thinners affect my risk for aneurysms?
David W. Drucker, MDDavid W. Drucker, MD
They really don't. We do aneurysm surgeries on people who are on all different types of blood thinne...
What does it mean if my mother's PT/INR test result is too high?
If your mother's PT/INR test result is too high, it means that her dose of warfarin is too high,...
Why do I have to stop taking my blood thinners before knee surgery?
Rishi Anand, MDRishi Anand, MD
If you suffer from atrial fibrillation (afib) or are taking blood thinners (anticoagulants), you wil...