What happens if I miss a dose of Coumadin?

Missing a dose of Coumadin is not a big problem. Simply take your missed dose as soon as you remember. Most people take Coumadin once a day. If you wake up some morning and realize that you missed an entire day's dose, just skip it. Don't take a double dose of Coumadin to make up for the one you missed.

Continue Learning about Anticoagulant

What is an anticoagulant?
Brigham and Women's HospitalBrigham and Women's Hospital
An anticoagulant (anti means against, and coagulant refers to blood clotting) or "blood thinner"...
What should I tell my doctor before getting anticoagulant injections?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Before you begin anticoagulant injections, tell your doctor if you:       • have bleeding problem...
What does it mean if my child's PT/INR test result is too high?
If your child's PT/INR test result is too high, it means that her blood is clotting too slowly a...
What does it mean if my child's PT/INR test result is too low?
If your child's PT/INR test result is too low, it means that her dose of warfarin may not be eno...