Is there a generic version of Pradaxa?

There is no generic version of Pradaxa. The active ingredient in Pradaxa is dabigatran etexilate mesylate, but it is not available in a generic form.

Pradaxa, a prescription medication to help prevent blood clots and stroke in people with a heart condition known as atrial fibrillation, was approved as a brand-name drug by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2010.

Continue Learning about Anticoagulant

What does it mean if my mother's PT/INR test result is too high?
If your mother's PT/INR test result is too high, it means that her dose of warfarin is too high,...
What are anticoagulants?
Many people with heart failure are at risk for blood clots in the heart or blood vessels. A blood cl...
What does it mean if my child's PT/INR test result is too low?
If your child's PT/INR test result is too low, it means that her dose of warfarin may not be eno...
How can anticoagulants affect oral surgery?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Reduced blood clotting is a side effect of aspirins and anticoagulants, such as heparin or warfa...