Is there a generic version of Pradaxa?

There is no generic version of Pradaxa. The active ingredient in Pradaxa is dabigatran etexilate mesylate, but it is not available in a generic form.

Pradaxa, a prescription medication to help prevent blood clots and stroke in people with a heart condition known as atrial fibrillation, was approved as a brand-name drug by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2010.

Continue Learning about Anticoagulant

What does it mean if my mother's PT/INR test result is too high?
If your mother's PT/INR test result is too high, it means that her dose of warfarin is too high,...
How do blood thinners affect my risk for aneurysms?
David W. Drucker, MDDavid W. Drucker, MD
They really don't. We do aneurysm surgeries on people who are on all different types of blood thinne...
How are anticoagulants used?
Anticoagulants are medications that inhibit blood clotting. While they cannot dissolve an existing c...
What drugs may interact with anticoagulants?
The following drugs may interact with anticoagulant drugs, leading to side effects: antiplatelet ...