What should I do if I miss my dose of warfarin?

If you miss your dose of warfarin, you should take the missed dose as soon as you remember it later that day. If you miss a dose but don't remember it until the next day, don't take a double dose that day to make up for a missed dose the day before. Talk to your doctor if you miss your dose of warfarin.

Continue Learning about Anticoagulant

Is it safe to stop taking blood thinners for afib before hip surgery?
Dr. Rishi G. Anand, MDDr. Rishi G. Anand, MD
If you suffer from atrial fibrillation (afib) and are taking blood thinners (anticoagulants), you wi...
What is an anticoagulant?
Brigham and Women's HospitalBrigham and Women's Hospital
An anticoagulant (anti means against, and coagulant refers to blood clotting) or "blood thinner"...
What drugs may interact with anticoagulants?
The following drugs may interact with anticoagulant drugs, leading to side effects: antiplatelet ...
What are side effects of anticoagulants?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Normal side effects of anticoagulants can include: Bruising Prolonged bleeding from small cuts ...