What do I do if I miss a dose of heparin?

If you miss a dose of the blood thinner heparin, let your doctor know; he'll likely tell you to go ahead and take it, unless it’s almost time for your next dose. In that case, he may advise you to skip the missed dose, take the next one at the right time and resume your normal dosing schedule from there. You should never take two doses to make up for a missed one.

Continue Learning about Anticoagulant

What drugs may interact with anticoagulants?
The following drugs may interact with anticoagulant drugs, leading to side effects: antiplatelet ...
What is Praxbind?
Praxbind (idarucizumab) is a medication used to reverse the effects of another medication, Pradaxa (...
How are anticoagulants used?
Anticoagulants are medications that inhibit blood clotting. While they cannot dissolve an existing c...
How can anticoagulants affect oral surgery?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Reduced blood clotting is a side effect of aspirins and anticoagulants, such as heparin or warfa...