What do I do if I miss a dose of heparin?

If you miss a dose of the blood thinner heparin, let your doctor know; he'll likely tell you to go ahead and take it, unless it’s almost time for your next dose. In that case, he may advise you to skip the missed dose, take the next one at the right time and resume your normal dosing schedule from there. You should never take two doses to make up for a missed one.

Continue Learning about Anticoagulant

What does it mean if my child's PT/INR test result is too low?
If your child's PT/INR test result is too low, it means that her dose of warfarin may not be eno...
Who should take an anticoagulant?
People who should regularly take an anticoagulant, or blood thinner, include those who have had a DV...
What are side effects of anticoagulants?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
Anticoagulants increase the risk of serious, even fatal, bleeding. Other side effects of warfarin an...
How can anticoagulants affect oral surgery?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Reduced blood clotting is a side effect of aspirins and anticoagulants, such as heparin or warfa...