Warfarin is the general chemical name of a medication, and Coumadin is a trademarked brand formulation of warfarin. This medication is sometimes called a “blood thinner” because it thins the blood to help prevent clots from forming.
- Q What should I do if my child, who is taking warfarin, gets diarrhea?
- Q Now that I’m taking warfarin, how much do I have to change my lifestyle?
- Q What should I do if I miss my dose of warfarin?
- Q If my mother is on warfarin, how can she know which foods have vitamin K?
- Q What medicines should I avoid while taking warfarin?
- Q Do I need to take warfarin with food?