Warfarin is the general chemical name of a medication, and Coumadin is a trademarked brand formulation of warfarin. This medication is sometimes called a “blood thinner” because it thins the blood to help prevent clots from forming.
- Q Is it safe to take ginkgo with warfarin (Coumadin)?
- Q If I'm taking warfarin, is it safe for me to exercise?
- Q Should I wear a medical alert bracelet while taking warfarin?
- Q What foods should I avoid when taking warfarin?
- Q Can my child take warfarin?
- Q What should I do if my son throws up after he takes his warfarin?