Warfarin is the general chemical name of a medication, and Coumadin is a trademarked brand formulation of warfarin. This medication is sometimes called a “blood thinner” because it thins the blood to help prevent clots from forming.
- Q What should I do if my son throws up after he takes his warfarin?
- Q Can I get a flu shot while taking warfarin?
- Q How is warfarin used for stroke prevention?
- Q Who should stop taking warfarin (Coumadin) before a colonoscopy?
- Q Is it safe for my uncle to drink beer if he's taking warfarin?
- Q Can I take my medicine for depression while taking warfarin?