What does it mean if my child's PT/INR test result is too low?

If your child's PT/INR test result is too low, it means that her dose of warfarin may not be enough to protect her blood from clotting. Her warfarin dose needs to be increased. On the other hand, if her PT/INR test result is too high, it means that her blood is clotting too slowly and she is at risk of bleeding. In that case, her dose of warfarin should be reduced. Your child's doctor will increase or decrease the dose according to her PT/INR test result. 

Continue Learning about Anticoagulant

What are the guidelines for anticoagulant therapy?
The following is a list of guidelines for anticoagulant therapy: Take the medication exactly as di...
What are some examples of commonly prescribed anticoagulant medicines?
SCAISCAI
Some common anticoagulant medications include:•Warfarin (Coumadin) •Heparin•Lovenox•Bivalrudin
What should I tell my doctor before getting anticoagulant injections?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Before you begin anticoagulant injections, tell your doctor if you:       • have bleeding problem...
What does it mean if my mother's PT/INR test result is too high?
If your mother's PT/INR test result is too high, it means that her dose of warfarin is too high,...