What if I cannot remember if I gave my child his dose of warfarin?

If you can't remember if you gave your child his dose of warfarin, do not give it. It is safer to miss one dose than to take an extra dose. It may help you to remember to give your child his medicine if you give it along with another daily routine, such as dinner time. You may also find it helpful to use a pill box that's labeled for each day of the week.

Continue Learning about Anticoagulant

How can anticoagulants affect oral surgery?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Reduced blood clotting is a side effect of aspirins and anticoagulants, such as heparin or warfa...
Who should take an anticoagulant?
Warfarin, an anticoagulant, is recommended for people with heart failure, history of a stroke or a T...
What precautions should I follow when taking blood thinners?
Grant Cooper, MDGrant Cooper, MD
If you are taking warfarin (Coumadin), you already should be having a test regularly to make sure th...
How are anticoagulants used?
Anticoagulants are medications that inhibit blood clotting. While they cannot dissolve an existing c...