What if I cannot remember if I gave my child his dose of warfarin?

If you can't remember if you gave your child his dose of warfarin, do not give it. It is safer to miss one dose than to take an extra dose. It may help you to remember to give your child his medicine if you give it along with another daily routine, such as dinner time. You may also find it helpful to use a pill box that's labeled for each day of the week.

Continue Learning about Anticoagulant

Why would I need anticoagulant injections?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
You may be prescribed anticoagulant injections:       • if you are at risk for blood clots because...
What should I tell my doctor before getting anticoagulant injections?
Before you begin anticoagulant injections, tell your doctor if you:       • have bleeding problem...
What are anticoagulants?
Anticoagulants, known by brand names including Coumadin, Jantoven and a new drug called Pradaxa, pro...
What are side effects of anticoagulants?
Normal side effects of anticoagulants can include: Bruising Prolonged bleeding from small cuts ...