What if I cannot remember if I gave my child his dose of warfarin?

If you can't remember if you gave your child his dose of warfarin, do not give it. It is safer to miss one dose than to take an extra dose. It may help you to remember to give your child his medicine if you give it along with another daily routine, such as dinner time. You may also find it helpful to use a pill box that's labeled for each day of the week.

Continue Learning about Anticoagulant

is warfarin a safe drug for pregnancy ?
No - warfarin crosses the placenta barrier and has an anticoagulant effect in the developing fetus. ...
what does it mean if my child pt/inr test result is too low ?
If your child's PT/INR test result is too low, it means that her dose of warfarin may not be eno...
what are anticoagulants ?
SCAISCAI
Anticoagulants are medications that prevent blood from clotting, thereby reducing the chance of a he...
what does it mean if my child pt/inr test result is too high ?
If your child's PT/INR test result is too high, it means that her blood is clotting too slowly a...